|Birth name||Jody Wisternoff|
|Genres||House, Progressive electronic music|
|Occupations||Disc jockey, Record producer|
|Years active||1988 – Present|
|Labels||Anjunadeep, Hope Recordings|
|Associated acts||Way Out West|
Jody Wisternoff is an English electronic music producer and DJ. He is best known as one half of the Bristol progressive house duo Way Out West and as a producer of dance music spanning early 90's hardcore to electro house.
His first break came in the late 1980s as one half of Tru Funk Posse (with brother Sam Wisternoff) when Bristol producers Smith & Mighty opened up their studio to them. Their tracks were playlisted by DJ Tim Westwood and the brothers appeared in magazine The Face.
In the early 90's Wisternoff DJ'd at clubs such as Universe and Fantasia and produced tracks with DJ Die (now of Reprazent fame) under the name Sub Love, along with singer & song writer Sue Brice aka Coco Star vocalist of Fragma's Toca's Miracle.
Wisternoff met fellow DJ Nick Warren in a Bristol record shop, which led to the birth of the progressive house act Way Out West. Fusing the dub sounds of Bristol with club beats the duo saw great success in the mid to late 90's with tracks like "The Gift" and "Ajare". Way Out West continues to the present day, having released their fourth album "We Love Machine" in 2009.
In the mid to late 90's Wisternoff was a resident DJ at Temptation, a leading Friday night techno and jungle club night at Bristol's Lakota nightclub, which was promoted by Bristol based producer Leon Alexander of Hope Recordings. In 1997 Jody released his first mix album "The Silver Planet Collection Volume 1" followed by the well received "Way Out There – A Progressive DJ Mix" in 2001.
He also has an extensive solo remix back catalogue for artists such as Leama & Moor, Moussa Clarke, Ikon, Coalesced, Dana Bergquist & Peder G and Andrew Bennett & Rico Soarez. More recently, Wisternoff has been producing solo 80's-inspired electro house tracks, with five singles released thus far: 'Cold Drink, Hot Girl,' 'Nostalgia', 'Starstrings', 'Welcome to your life', and 'Lassoo / No Longer Strangers'.
His debut solo album, entitled 'Trails We Blaze' was released on 28th May 2012 on Anjunadeep. The first single from the album was released two weeks prior to the full album release on the 15th May 2012. The single was 'How You Make Me Smile' featuring vocals from Pete Josef. It was accompanied by an official video capturing the uplifting essence of the track. The second single from the album 'Just One More' was released on the 6th of August, once again featuring vocals from Pete Josef.
- Cold Drink – Hot Girl" – 2006 Distinct'ive
- Nostalgia - 2006 (In Charge)
- Starstrings - 2007 - Dirty Soul
- Welcome to Your Life - December 2009 - Dirty Soul
- Lassoo - February 2009 - Anjunadeep
- Vintage / Shivver - September 2011 Anjunadeep
- "How You Make Me Smile" - May 2012 Anjunadeep
- "Just One More" - August 2012 Anjunadeep
- "Trails We Blaze" - May 2012 Anjunadeep
Dj mixes -
- "Anjunadeep:05" - July 2013 Anjunadeep
- Supertransonic (Jody 'Way Out West' mix) - Poseidon - 2000
- Distance Between Us (Jody Wisternoff Mix) - Leama & Moor - 2006
- Light of Hope (Jody Wisternoff Remix) - Andrew Bennett & Rico Soarez - 2007
- Love Key (Jody Wisternoff Mix) - Moussa Clarke Feat. Fisher - 2007
- Me and U (Jody Wisternoff Vocal Remix) - Cerf, Mitiska, And Jaren - 2007
- Signs (Jody Wisternoff Remix) - IKON - 2007
- Cortina (Jody Wisternoff Remix) - Coalesced - 2008
- Metaverse (Jody Wisternoff Remix) - Orkidea & David West - 2008
- Parelo (Jody Wisternoff Mix) - Chymera - 2008
- Miami Nice Jody Wisternoff Remix - Astral Tiger - 2008
- Transparent (Jody Wisternoff Remix Edit) - Andrelli & Blue - 2009
- Alchemy" (Jody Wisternoff Remix) - Above & Beyond - 2012