Joe Adams (wide receiver)
|Position:||Wide receiver / Kickoff returner|
|Date of birth:||November 22, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||North Little Rock (AR) Central Arkansas Christian|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 104|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2012
|Total return yards:||335|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Joe Adams (born November 22, 1989) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Arkansas, and was recognized as a consensus All-American. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Adams attended the University of Arkansas, where he played for the Arkansas Razorbacks football team from 2008 to 2011. As a senior in 2011, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American, after being named to the first teams of ESPN, the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Pro Football Weekly, Scout.com, and Sporting News.
The Carolina Panthers selected Adams in the fourth round, 104th overall pick, of the 2012 NFL Draft. He returned kicks in the first three games of the 2012 season before being benched after losing two fumbles in a game against the New York Giants. On August 27, he was waived.
- Higbee, Zack (2011-07-20). "#3 Joe Adams". Arkansas Football (University of Arkansas Athletics). Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- ESPN.com's 2011 All-America Team
- FWAA NAMES 2011 ALL-AMERICA TEAM
- FoxSportsNext.com 2011 All-America Team
- Adams is consensus All-American
- "wholehogsports.com". wholehogsports.com. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- John McClain, "Texans sign WR Joe Adams, OT Brice Schwab," Houston Chronicle (August 1, 2014). Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- Texans trim roster on Monday
- "Transactions". cfl.ca. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Arkansas Razorbacks bio