Joe Beam is an inspirational speaker and best-selling author. He founded Family Dynamics Institute in 1994 and served as its president until he founded Love Path International in 2008. He has appeared on television and radio programs including The Today Show, The Weekend Today Show, ABC's Good Morning America, Focus on the Family, the Montel Williams Show, and the Mike and Juliet Show. Beam has been featured in articles by magazines such as People and Better Homes and Gardens. He hosted Give and Take—a national radio show in which he provided advice on relationships ranging from romance to parenting. The show went off the air in September 2008 due to production negotiations.
Beam earned his bachelor's degree in theology (magna cum laude) from Southern Christian University. He did graduate studies in clinical psychology at the University of Evansville and in biomedical science/sexology at the University of Sydney.
He has authored magazine articles, corporate training programs, and several books including the national bestseller Seeing the Unseen, Forgiven Forever, and Becoming One: Emotionally, Spiritually, and Sexually. Joe and his wife Alice collaborated with Nick and Nancy Stinnett to write Fantastic Families. He is often invited to universities, churches, and community groups to speak about marriage and family relationships from a Christian perspective. Beam is currently the preaching minister at Western Hills Church of Christ in Nashville, TN.
Guidelines on sex
Sexual activity in marriage is allowed by God if:
- It doesn't involve other people
- It doesn't involve animals
- It does not cause harm to one another
Beam also states that:
- Oral sex is not a sin.
- Usage of vibrators or other instruments is not a sin.
- 1998 Seeing the Unseen
- 1998 Forgiven Forever: The Full Force of God's Tender Mercy
- 1999 Becoming One: Emotionally, Spiritually and Sexually (ISBN 1-58229-362-7)
- 1999 Families: Seven Steps to Building a Strong Family (ISBN 1-58229-080-6)
- 2002 Seeing the Unseen: Preparing Yourself for Spiritual Warfare (Expanded) (ISBN 1-58229-273-6)
- 2003 Getting Past Guilt: Embracing God's Forgiveness (ISBN 1-58229-294-9)
- 2006 The Real Heaven: It's Not What You Think (ISBN 1-89243-553-5)
- 2009 Your Love Path (ISBN 0615251676)
- 2010 The True Heaven: Not What You Thought, Better Than You Expected (ISBN 0891126430)
- "Staff and Shepherds". Westernhillschurch.org. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Joe Beam (2011-05-27). "Q: "Husband isn’t interested in sex. Okay to ask him to satisfy me?"". Joe Beam's Blog. Joebeam.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Sex and the Bible". Joebeam.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Alexander, Brian (2006). "One preacher's message: Have hotter sex". msnbc.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- CBS: "The Sex Preacher"[dead link]
- WSMV Story: Church Goers Receive Sex Advice from Minister[dead link]
- Fox Morning Show with Mike and Juliet[dead link]
- Joe Beam Official Website
- Relationship Enrichment Organization Joe Beam Founded
- Give and Take Radio Website
- Joe Beam's Marriage Helper Website
- Western Hills Church