Bendik in 2012
|Full name||Joseph T. Bendik|
|Date of birth||April 25, 1989|
|Place of birth||Huntington, New York, United States|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2007||Atlanta Silverbacks U23's||1||(0)|
|2006||United States U17||9||(0)|
|2007–2008||United States U20||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 April 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
After spending four years at Clemson University by way of Harrison High School in Kennesaw, Georgia, Bendik signed with Norwegian club Sogndal. He began the 2010 season as a backup, and made his professional debut in an early round match against Årdal FK in the Norwegian Cup. Bendik ended the season starting in four league matches helping his club gain promotion to the Norwegian top flight.
Bendik began the 2011 season as the starter, and made his Tippeligaen debut on March 20, 2011 against Strømsgodset IF.  He ended the year starting the final two games of the season for Sogndal, including a 2–1 victory over league champion Molde FK.
Bendik was acquired by Toronto FC along with allocation money in a deal that sent two Toronto players to Portland in December 2012. While considered a back-up keeper, he earned successive starts in Toronto's 2013 season due an injury to starting goalkeeper Stefan Frei and earned praise for his strong performances.
|2012||Portland Timbers||Major League Soccer||5||0||0||0||5||0|
|2013||Toronto FC||Major League Soccer||33||0||0||0||33||0|
- "Player Bio: Joseph Bendik". Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- Meghan Brennan. "Preview:Weekend Norwegian Action". Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- altomfotball.no. "Sogndal vs. Strømsgodset". Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- mlssoccer.com. "Bendik eyes MLS". Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- mlssoccer.com. "Timbers Sign Bendik". Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- "Portland Timbers player evaluations vs. Montreal". The Oregonian. April 28, 2012.
- "Bendik's Success Story". TorontoFC.ca. April 4, 2013. Retrieved April 7, 2013.
- ussoccer.com. "Bendik US soccer". Retrieved October 30, 2011.