Tulsk, County Roscommon Ireland
Joe Cunnane is a former Gaelic footballer and Australian rules footballer who represented Ireland at the Australian Football International Cup and also appeared on two Irish football reality television shows.
The Dublin Demons clubman was the ruckman on the Ireland national Australian rules football team which won the 2002 Australian Football International Cup. Cunnane was one of Ireland's best players in the final against Papua New Guinea. He was top scorer when Ireland won the 2001 Atlantic Alliance Cup, playing at full-forward and played in the forward line again in the 2008 Australian Football International Cup, reaching the semi finals. Cunnane returned with the team for a third time to help them reclaim the 2011 Australian Football International Cup title.
Cunnane is a club member of the Gaelic Athletic Association team for his home town of Tulsk in Ireland, has also represented Victoria in the Australasian GAA Championships. He has appeared on The Craic Down Under on RTÉ Television and was selected on TV channel TG4's "The Underdogs" team that narrowly lost to Dublin in 2003.
- Match Report
- "Atlantic Alliance Cup - Aussie Rules International - Promoting Australian Football Around the World". Aussie Rules International. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- Brett Northey. "IC11 Squad - Super Warriors named". World Footy News. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Team Lists - Aussie Rules International - Promoting Australian Football Around the World". Aussie Rules International. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Squad Biogs 08". Irishwarriors.net. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- breakingnews.ie Underdogs name team for Dubs tie
- Underdogs profile
- Brett Northey. "Final Irish squad named". World Footy News. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- "Guernsey Presentation Night". Irishwarriorsaussierules.wordpress.com. 2011-08-12. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ulster Gaelic football biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|