Joe Etzel Field
|Owner||University of Portland|
|Field size||Left Field - 350ft
Center Field - 390ft
Right Field - 340ft
|Portland Pilots baseball|
Joe Etzel Field is a 1,000 seat baseball stadium in Portland, Oregon that is home to the University of Portland Pilots baseball team. Originally named Pilot Field, it was renamed after former coach Joe Etzel in 2004.
Completed in 2005, the Andy Pienovi Hitting Facility is the baseball team's practice facility. It is located in foul territory in left field.
Preliminary campus expansion plans include moving the baseball field from its current location to one down on the waterfront in the Triangle Park property. Those plans were abandoned in 2013 with plans to instead renovate the existing stadium. In June 2014, the school announced the renovations would include an artificial field and lighting.
- List of NCAA Division I baseball venues
- List of sports venues in Portland, Oregon
- West Coast Conference
- Kish, Matthew (June 26, 2014). "University of Portland's baseball stadium gets a makeover". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Joe Etzel Field Facilities Page
- Facilities Planning and Construction: Master Plan
- Tobin, Taylor (March 21, 2013). "Baseball stadium plans strike out". The Beacon. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
|This article about a baseball venue in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|