|Genres||Adult Alternative, Rock|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, recording artist, visual artist|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, keyboards, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Mandolin, Cello|
|Labels||Atlantic Records, Beverly Martel Music, Rockridge Music, 1stman Music|
Born Joseph Mark Fuerstman on December 12, 1979, in Charlotte, NC, Joe Firstman started his musical career in the mid-1990s as a teenager. His bands performed locally at venues that housed famous acts such as R.E.M.. In 1998 Firstman moved his base to Raleigh, North Carolina and formed "Firstman". By 1999, "Firstman" had become a mainstay supporting act for regional and national bands including Far Too Jones, Edwin McCain, Jupiter Coyote, Blue Dogs, and Hobex.
In February 2000, Firstman boarded a Greyhound bus to Hollywood. Firstman formed a new band and sold-out a number of shows at venues such as Whisky a Go Go, The Troubador, Viper Room and others. Along the way, Joe wrote and performed with members of The Black Crowes and Wallflowers.
In 2003, Firstman signed with Atlantic Records. An album, The War of Women, was released. In support of this record, Firstman and his band toured nationally, opening for acts such as Jewel, Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson, Jason Mraz and Lisa Marie Presley. The band is notable for having helped launch the career of My Morning Jacket guitarist Carl Broemel, who played in Firstman's band at that time.
In 2005, Firstman parted ways with Atlantic Records and for four years worked as the full-time musical director and house band leader for "Last Call with Carson Daly," a late night entertainment show on NBC.
In 2009, Joe released El Porto on his own 1stmanMusic label. September 6, 2011, Joe released his 7th studio album "Swear It Was A Dream" on 1stman Music. In 2011, Firstman formed Cordovas in Nashville, TN, and on September 13, 2011, Firstman released Cordovas on the 1stmanMusic label.
In summer of 2012 Firstman began work on his 8th studio album in Los Angeles.
- Wives Tales [EP] (2003, Atlantic Records)
- The War of Women (2003, Atlantic Records)
- Live at the Sandbox (2006, Beverly Martel Music)
- DrAMA! (2007, 1stman Music)
- Fell Swoops (2008, 1stman Music)
- El Porto (2010, Rock Ridge Music)
- Live At The Treehouse (2010, Rock Ridge Music)
- Swear It Was A Dream (2011, 1stman Music)
- Cordovas (2011, 1stman Music)
- "Cordovas Live From Nashville" (2011, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol1 EP" (2012, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol2 EP" (2012, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol3 EP" (2012, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol4 EP" (2012, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol5 EP" (2012, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol6 EP" (2013, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol7 EP" (2013, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol8 EP" (2013, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol9 EP" (2013, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol10 EP" (2013, 1stman Music)
- "Los Angeles 2002-2005 Vol11 EP" (2013, 1stman Music)
- "The Cordovas". 2011.