|Full name||Joe Samuel Ironside|
|Date of birth||16 October 1993|
|Place of birth||Middlesbrough, England|
(on loan from Sheffield United)
|2013–2014||→ Halifax Town (loan)||10||(2)|
|2014||→ Harrogate Town (loan)||8||(0)|
|2014–||→ Alfreton Town (loan)||2||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:10, 23 August 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Joe Samuel Ironside (born 16 October 1993) is a footballer who plays for Alfreton Town on loan from Sheffield United. Born in Middlesbrough, he has also spent time on loan at Halifax Town and Harrogate Town and is the son of former Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ian Ironside.
Ironside came through the youth ranks of Sheffield United and was in the side that lost the 2011 FA Youth Final against Manchester United, although he scored the Blades' only goal at Old Trafford in the second leg, following a 2–2 draw at Bramall Lane.
Ironside made his professional debut for the Blades in October 2012, appearing as a substitute in a 4–1 win against Notts County at Meadow Lane in the Football League Trophy. His first league appearance came as a substitute in a 3–1 win over Carlisle United at Brunton Park. After a string of appearances for United, Ironside agreed a new two and a half-year professional contract with the club. After making six appearances for the Blades at the start of the 2013–14 season, on 12 November Ironside joined Halifax Town on loan until January. Ironside made his debut for his new club against Hyde the same day, being named in the starting eleven and scoring a goal which was disallowed due to offside, before being substituted after 60 minutes. After making ten appearances for Halifax, Ironside returned to Bramall Lane, only to be loaned out once more in February 2014, this time to Harrogate Town on a months loan. After a successful initial spell Ironside's loan was extended until the end of the season, but struggled with injuries during the remainder of his loan, and returned to Bramall Lane in May having played eight games.
On 12 July 2014 Ironside joined Grimsby Town on trial and played a part in the clubs pre-season friendly victory over Scarborough Athletic. On 16 August 2014, Ironside joined Alfreton Town on a one-month loan deal and made his début the following day in a 2–0 loss to Forest Green Rovers.
- As of 23 August 2014.
|Club||Season||League||League||FA Cup||League Cup||League Trophy||Play-offs||Total|
|Sheffield United||2012–13||League One||12||0||1||0||0||0||2||0||2||0||17||0|
|Halifax Town (loan)||2013–14||Conference Premier||10||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||2|
|Harrogate Town (loan)||2013–14||Conference North||8||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||0|
|Alfreton Town (loan)||2014–15||Conference Premier||2||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||1|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 44. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Joe Ironside". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 27 June 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Man Utd beat Sheffield Utd to FA Youth Cup final trophy". BBC Sport. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Notts County V Sheffield United". BBC Sport. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Carlisle United V Sheffield United". BBC Sport. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "New deal for Joe". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- "FC Halifax sign Sheffield United striker Joe Ironside". BBC Sport. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Sheffield United youngster Joe Ironside joins Harrogate Town". Harrogate Advertiser. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Joe Ironside's Loan Extended". Harrogate Town F.C. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Town's Injury Update". Harrogate Town F.C. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Former Player Joe Ironside". Harrogate Town F.C. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Joe Ironside: Alfreton sign Sheffield United striker on loan". BBC Sport. 17 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Joe Ironside career stats at Soccerbase