Joe Lynch (director)
|Born||Long Island, New York|
Life and career
Joe Lynch is an American film director, producer & actor.
Lynch began his career as a child actor, then became obsessed in filmmaking. His first two student shorts, mAHARBA & hiBeams, were selected to screen at many film festivals and was named "Filmmaker of the Year" in 1999 by the Long Island Voice.
Lynch is a lifelong genre film fan (especially horror) and has appeared as a featured guest at several Weekend of Horrors conventions. He has also appeared in several short films, including director Adam Green's 2007 Halloween short "The Tiffany Problem" alongside Joel Moore and Corri English. Lynch worked at G4 as Creative Director of the website, and appears as a special guest on its popular series Attack of the Show! in a horror-themed segment called "Body Count".
Lynch was one of the four directors who collaborated on the Horror/Comedy anthology CHILLERAMA, which was released by Image Entertainment on November 29, 2011 after a successful festival and "roadshow" theatrical run. Lynch directed the wraparound portions set in a Drive In playing 4 obscure genre films, as well as played "Fernando Phagabeefy", director of the 4th film, DEATHICATION.
Lynch also executive produced and was the creative showrunner for G4tv.com's "Epictober Film Festival", producing 3 horror/video game themed short films by directors Drew Daywalt, Gregg Bishop & Sam Balcomb, which premiered in October 2011.
In addition to his directing career, Lynch is also the co-star on the sitcom Holliston, along with director Adam Green, which premieres on Fearnet starting April 3, 2012. Lynch also served as Executive Producer on the show.
Lynch's next feature is the unique action/thriller EVERLY, which will go into production in summer of 2013, with Salma Hayek in the title role. The screenplay was written by Yale Hannon, based on a story by Lynch and Hannon. The film is in pre-production now and being produced by Crime Scene Pictures & Anonymous Content.
In 2013, Lynch wrote and directed the short film Truth in Journalism based on the Marvel Character Eddie Brock/Venom, as well as being influenced by the film Man Bites Dog. The film stars Ryan Kwanten as the titular character.
- Terror Firmer (1999)
- The Tiffany Problem (2008)
- Thirsty (2008)
- "Frozen" (2009)
- "Hatchet 2" (2009)
- "Chillerama" (2011)
- Holliston TV series (2012)
- Street Fury (2005)
- My Cousin's Keeper (2007)
- mAHARBA (1996) (Short FIlm)
- hiBeams (1998) (Short film)
- Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007)
- Chillerama (2011)
- Knights of Badassdom (2012)
- Truth in Journalism (2013) (Short film) (also writer)
- Everly (2014)
- His Name Was Jason:30 Years of Friday The 13th (2009)
- Into the Dark: Exploring the Horror Film (2009)
- The Psycho Legacy (2010)
- Making Gore Look Good (2007)
- More Blood, More Guts: The Making of 'Wrong Turn 2' (2007)
- On Location with P-Nut (2007)
- "Joe Lynch Features 3 More Horror Titles in 'Body Count'". BloodyDisgusting.
- Horrorjunk interview with Joe Lynch
- Tweet "Along with Wrong Turn 2 Director Joe Lynch". DreadCentral.
- "Joe Lynch Talks 'Wrong Turn 3' Possibilities". BloodyDisgusting.
- "BDTV: At the Movies with Joe Lynch and Adam Green". BloodyDisgusting.
- "Adam Green and Joe Lynch Fright Fest UK Promos". BloodyDisgusting.
- Joe Lynch and Body Count – Attack of the Show – Break.com
- "Sit Down With 'The Knights of Badassdom'". BloodyDisgusting.
- KOB Shot of the Day #38: Picture's UP!
- . FearNet Greenlights First Original Series Broadcasting & Cable August 8, 2011