Joe Riley (footballer)
|Full name||Joseph Michael Riley|
|Date of birth||13 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Salford, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Right back|
(on loan from Bolton Wanderers)
|2014–||→ Oxford United (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:25, 28 July 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Salford, Greater Manchester, Riley started his professional career at Bolton Wanderers, regularly playing in the reserve side. A product of the youth system, he made his competitive debut in the League Cup tie at home to Macclesfield Town on 24 August 2011. Riley went on to make his Premier League debut at right-back in a 5–0 victory over Stoke City at the Reebok Stadium on 6 November 2011. He received a standing ovation by the Bolton fans when substituted late in the game. After starting the next game against West Brom, Riley suffered a hamstring injury, disrupting the start to his debut season. He returned in the FA Cup match against Macclesfield on 7 January 2012.
On 23 February, both Riley and Michael O'Halloran signed new three-and-a-half-year contracts, committing them to the club until the summer of 2015. Riley spent most of the 2012–13 season injured and all of the 2013–14 season injured.
Oxford United loan
After ridding himself of the injuries that had stopped his progress over the last 2 years, Riley joined Oxford United on loan on 28 July 2014, where he will stay until January 2015.
Club career statistics
- As of 5 January 2013.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2011–12||Bolton Wanderers||Premier League||3||0||3||0||1||0||0||0||7||0|
- "Search 1837 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Coyle thrilled by youngsters". Yahoo!. 2011-08-25. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Whittell, Ian. The Sun (London) http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3917484/Bolton-5-Stoke-0.html
|url=missing title (help).
- Iles, Marc (23 November 2011). "Boyata back as Riley hit by Wanderers' defensive curse". The Bolton News. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "Riley And O'Halloran Sign New Deals". bwfc.co.uk. 2012-02-23. Retrieved 2012-02-24.