November 20, 1970
Queens, New York City, U.S.
Joseph Zaso (born November 20, 1970 in Queens, New York City) is an American actor and filmmaker.
Zaso formed his own film production company Cinema Image Productions in 1986 and since then he has primarily produced and acted in horror films. Zaso broke into the film industry with the horror musical It's Only a Movie (1990), which he wrote, directed, and appeared in. He followed it up with several producing jobs, including the Italian giallo-inspired Five Dead on the Crimson Canvas.
He teamed up with New York director Kevin Lindenmuth on several pictures, including Alien Agenda: Endangered Species (1998), Rage of the Werewolf (1999), and Addicted to Murder 3: Blood Lust (2000). He also worked with German horror director Andreas Schnaas on both Demonium (2001) and Nikos (2003).
Zaso, who enjoys cooking, is the star and producer of a cooking webseries called "Cafe Himbo." Guests have included cult film stars Catherine Mary Stewart, Rutanya Alda, Lesleh Donaldson, Geretta-Geretta, Bobby Rhodes, Robyn Sherwood, Desiree Gould, and Karen Fields.
- It's Only a Movie! (1990)
- Five Dead on the Crimson Canvas (1996)
- Guilty Pleasures (1997)
- Creaturealm: From the Dead (1998)
- Evil Streets (1998)
- Alien Agenda: Endangered Species (1998)
- Rage of the Werewolf (1999)
- Addicted to Murder 3: Blood Lust (2000)
- Date with a Vampire (2001)
- Demonium (2001)
- Nikos (2003)
- The Adventures of Young Van Helsing: The Quest for the Lost Scepter (2004)
- And Then They Were Dead... (2004)
- Red Midnight (2005)
- Demon Resurrection (2005)
- Angel's Blade (2006)
- Barricade (2007)
- Darkness Surrounds Roberta (2007)
- Timo Rose's Beast (2008)
- Virus X (2010)
- BearCity (2010)
- Perry St (2010) - Short film
- Braincell (2010)
- Revenge of the Egg (2011) - Short film
- CAFE HIMBO (2011-2012) - Web-Series
- Supernaturalz (2012)
- Animal Attraction (2012) - Short film
- Can You Survive a Horror Movie? (2012) - TV Special
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Jack Attack (2013) - Short film
- The Normal Heart (2014)