|Born||January 23, 1947|
|Relatives||Michael Douglas (brother)
Peter Douglas (half-brother)
Cameron Douglas (nephew)
Joel Douglas (born January 23, 1947) is an American movie producer.
The second son of Kirk Douglas and Diana Dill, he was born one day after his mother's 24th birthday. His paternal grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Gomel in Belarus (at that time a part of the Russian Empire). His mother was from Devonshire Parish, Bermuda; Douglas's maternal grandfather, Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Melville Dill, served as Attorney General of Bermuda and was commanding officer of the Bermuda Militia Artillery.
Joel chose not to follow his father and older brother into acting, opting instead to work behind the camera, producing several movies throughout the 1970s and 80s.
Much of Douglas' work has centered on projects involving his family, including acting as co-producer on The Jewel of the Nile and Romancing the Stone, being an assistant director on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and in 2003, acting as associate producer on It Runs in the Family, which featured Kirk, Michael and Michael's son Cameron.
Joel Douglas married Susan Jorgensen in 1968.
- Tugend, Tom (December 12, 2006). "Lucky number 90". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved December 12, 2006.
- "Ancestors of Michael Kirk Douglas". Conovergenealogy.com. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- Catherine Lanigan, Joan Wilder: The Jewel of the Nile, Avon, 1985
- Screen World, Nr. 37, John A. Willis, Crown Publishers, 1986, p. 98
- Norman Kagan: The Cinema of Robert Zemeckis, Taylor Trade Publishing, 2003, p. 53 
- Joel Douglas married Lawrence Journal-World, 23 December 1968
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|