|Full name||Joel Valentino Grant|
|Date of birth||26 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Acton, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Winger / Forward|
|Current club||Yeovil Town|
|2006–2007||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||14||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:14, 14 December 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Acton, London, Grant started his career at Watford. He made his first team debut whilst still a member of Watford's Academy, coming on as a substitute in a League Cup match against Notts County on 23 August 2005. Whilst still an Academy scholar, he made 9 more appearances for the club, including 3 starts.
Grant was rewarded with a professional contract by Watford prior to the 2006–07 season. On 31 August 2006 he joined Aldershot Town on a four-month loan, to gain experience. During his time with the Shots, he made 17 league and cup appearances, scoring 3 goals.
In September 2007 he rejoined Aldershot Town on non-contract terms. In December 2007 he signed a contract until the end of the season. He made 30 league appearances, scoring three times, as Aldershot Town were promoted from the Conference.
On 25 June 2008 Grant joined Crewe Alexandra for £130,000, signing a three-year contract. The fee represented a club record sale for Aldershot Town. Grant scored his first goal for Crewe with a marvellous run and step over in the 2–1 win over Walsall at Gresty Road. The goal was shown as the Big Skill on Big League Weekend 2 on Sky Sports due to the fantastic Step over. In 2009–10, Grant had a productive second season at Crewe while contributing 7 goals and several assists marshalling the left wing.
He was released from the club in May 2011, having been limited to 28 appearances in the 2010–11 campaign.
Grant signed for Wycombe Wanderers on 27 May 2011 on a free transfer.
Grant signed a two-year deal with Championship side Yeovil Town on 26 June 2013. Grant made his debut for Yeovil in their Football League Cup first round victory over Southend United, on 6 August 2013.
In June 2006 Grant earned a call-up to the Jamaica under-23 squad to play in the Central American and Caribbean Games taking place in Colombia between 15 and 29 July. He spent much of February 2007 with the squad for the CONCACAF under-20 World Cup qualifiers.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 557. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- Shots bring in two loan signings
- Boothroyd releases four
- Aldershot re-sign striker Grant
- Joel Signs In
- Record Deal Sealed
- "Crewe Alexandra Announce Retain List". Crewe Alexandra F.C. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- "Yeovil: Kevin Dawson & Sam Foley re-sign as Sam Hoskins arrives". BBC Sport. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "Southend 0–1 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 6 August 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Jamaican call-up for Joel
- International call for Hornets' trio
- Joel Grant player profile at crewealex.net
- Joel Grant's Watford and Aldershot loan statistics career stats at Soccerbase
- Joel Grant's Aldershot and Crewe career stats at Soccerbase