April 9, 1994 |
Life and career
Pollari was born in Minnesota. His surname, "Pollari", is Finnish (his paternal grandfather was of Finnish descent).
Pollari started his acting career when he attended a scouting event in downtown Minneapolis with his mother. He received callbacks the next day from agents who wanted to represent him. Pollari took acting lessons from the Stagecoach Theatre Arts. Pollari has appeared in stage productions at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts in Saint Paul, and the SteppingStone Theatre for Youth Development, also in Saint Paul.
On April 30, 2006, Pollari appeared as a newsboy in "The Hen House", an episode of the police procedural television series Cold Case. The Walt Disney Company cast him in Skyrunners, a 2009 Disney XD Original Movie about two brothers who stumble upon a spaceship that is sought after by the FBI agents and space aliens. The film, which was shot in New Zealand, premiered on Disney XD on November 27, 2009. Pollari was 15 years old when it first aired. His co-star in the film, Kelly Blatz, a long-time friend of Pollari, said Pollari grew "like a foot taller and his voice changed and everything" during the filming of Skyrunners. Joey currently resides in Hollywood.
|2009||Skyrunners||Tyler Burns||TV Movie|
|2010||Avalon High||Miles||TV Movie|
|2012-Present||The Inbetweeners||Will McKenzie|
|2014||Summer Camp Bickerton Island||Kevin|
- Justin, Neal (2009-11-26). "A Twin Cities teenager hopes a new Disney movie will rocket him to fame". Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minnesota). Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- "Cold Case - TV Series - Seasons and Episodes". The New York Times (New York City, New York City). Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- Bentley, Rick (2009-11-27). "Music is at center of two new Disney XD programs". The Tribune (San Luis Obispo, California). Retrieved 2009-11-30.[dead link]
- "Skyrunners Movies". Scholastic Blog. 2009-11-27. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Brious, Bill (2009-11-26). "Calif.-raised "Skyrunner" star Blatz settles in to life in Toronto". The Canadian Press. Retrieved 2009-11-30.