Nicolas Lang and Joffrey Lauvergne
|No. 7 – Partizan NIS Belgrade|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
September 30, 1991 |
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (211 cm)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 55th overall|
|Selected by the Memphis Grizzlies|
|Pro playing career||2009–present|
|Career highlights and awards|
Joffrey Lauvergne (born September 30, 1991) is a French professional basketball player for Partizan Belgrade of the Serbian League. He was drafted 55th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2013 NBA Draft, who then traded his rights to the Denver Nuggets.
After two years in INSEP (2007–2009), Joffrey Lauvergne arrives in Chalon-sur-Saône in 2009. With Élan Chalon he won a French League in 2012, two French Cups in 2011 and 2012, and Leaders Cup in 2012. Lauvergne averaged 5.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in the French League. He was waived by the team on 25 November 2012.
On 28 December 2012, Lauvergne signed a two and half year contract with Partizan Belgrade. After breakthrough half-season he was having in Partizan, he was drafted 55th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2013 NBA Draft, who then traded his rights to the Denver Nuggets. It was also announced that he will stay some time overseas before joining the NBA. Later in the summer of 2013, he confirmed that he will stay with the club for another season, despite some financial problems the club was facing. In his second Euroleague season, with lot of trust from head coach Duško Vujošević, he has made big steps forward in his development, becoming one of the best rebounders in the league averaging 9.3 rebounds in 10 regular season games. His games hasn't gone unseen, as Denver Nuggets GM Tim Connelly has said that they really liked the progress he has made through the season. Over 24 games in the Euroleague, he averaged 11.1 points per game, while also leading the league with 8.6 rebounds per game. Alongside with his teammate Bogdan Bogdanović, he was selected for the ideal team of the 2013–14 ABA League season.
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
French national team
|Tournament||Games played||Points per game||Rebounds per game||Assists per game|
- "Elan Chalon waives Joffrey Lauvergne". Sportando. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "VALENCIA gets Lauvergne on short-term deal". eurocupbasketball.com. November 28, 2012. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- "Lovernj novi crno-beli!". kkpartizan.rs (in Serbian). December 28, 2012. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Sherman, Roger. "NBA Draft 2013: Denver Nuggets selects Joffrey Lauvergne with No. 55 pick". sbnation.com. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Joffrey Lauvergne confirms he will stay with Partizan Belgrade". Sportando. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Dempsey, Christopher. "Nuggets have rising prospect in Europe's Joffrey Lauvergne". The Denver Post. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Gancedo, Javier. "Joffrey Lauvergne, Partizan NIS Belgrade". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Joffrey Lauvergne 2013-2014 Statistics". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "The ideal five of the 2013/14 season selected". abaliga.com. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "ABA: ’Večiti’ i Šarić u timu lige". b92.net. Retrieved 21 April 2014.(Serbian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joffrey Lauvergne.|
- Joffrey Lauvergne at euroleague.net
- Joffrey Lauvergne at abaliga.com
- Joffrey Lauvergne at acb.com
- Joffrey Lauvergne at lnb.fr (French)
- Joffrey Lauvergne at eurobasket.com
- Joffrey Lauvergne at kkpartizan.rs (Serbian)
- Joffrey Lauvergne on Twitter