He is chairman of Equity Partners, Aman Resorts and London Films. He is a non-executive director of CV Starr Underwriting Agents. He is a non-executive chairman of Investcorp Europe. He is an advisory board member of Brasilinvest, Societe du Louvre, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Capstar, Foundation for Renewable Energy and Environment, Centre for Social Justice and the British Olympic Association. He is a member of the Mayors of London's, Jerusalem and Rome's International Business Advisory Councils. He is the first President of the Global Strategy Forum, a trustee of the Kew Foundation and a patron of the Stockholm University. He is chairing the Food, Energy and Water security program at RUSI.
Johan Eliasch served in the British Government, as the Special Representative of the then Prime Minister Gordon Brown on Deforestation and Clean Energy from 2007 to 2010. He served in different roles for the Conservative Party between 1999 and 2007, as Party Deputy Treasurer (2003–07), Special Advisor to the Leaders of the opposition (William Hague and Iain Duncan Smith) and shadow Foreign Secretaries (Lord Michael Howard, Francis Maude and Michael Ancram) (1999–2006). He covered Shadow Foreign Relations (2003–2006) as part of the Shadow Foreign Office team. In 2006 he and Michael Ancram set up Global Strategy Forum, a foreign affairs think tank based in London; he remains President. He was a member of the Austrian President's delegation of State for Trade and Industry 1996-2006. He was Chairman of the Young Conservatives party in Djursholm, Sweden (1979–1982).
In 2007 he was commissioned by HM Government to undertake an independent review on the role of international finance mechanisms to preserve the global forests in tacking climate change, 'The Eliasch Review' , which was launched by the British Prime Minister Gordon Brown at 10 Downing Street in October 2008. The Eliasch Review has served as a guideline for REDD (Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation) as part of the international climate change convention.
- "Biographies - Johan Eliasch: Chairman, The HEAD Group". HEAD.com. Retrieved 21 August 2009.
- "The Brasilinvest Group, created in 1975 by the businessman Mario Garnero, is the first private development agency installed in Brazil (...)", Brazilivest
- "Staff & Advisory Board member Biographies". globalstrategyforum.org. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Maurice Chittenden, "It's my rainforest now. No logging", The Sunday Times (13/09/2006).
- O’Neill, Sean (7 September 2007). "Green campaigner and businessman who despaired of ineffective politics". The Times (London). p. T7. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Peel, Lilly (16 October 2008). "Business big shot". The Times (London). p. T43. Factiva T000000020081016e4ag0003r. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Cool Earth
- Johan Eliasch at the Internet Movie Database
- Global Strategy Forum
- Centre For Social Justice
- C V Starr
- Brasil Invest
- British Olympic Association
- Eliasch Review