|Johan Martin Ferner|
Johan Martin Ferner in 2007.
|Born||Johan Martin Jacobsen
22 July 1927
Princess Astrid of Norway (1961–present)
|Parents||Ferner Jacobsen (father)
Ragnhild Olsen (mother)
|Relatives||Finn Ferner (brother)|
|Competitor for Norway|
|Silver||1952 Helsinki||6 metre class|
|Norwegian Royal House|
Johan Martin Ferner (born 22 July 1927, Asker, né Johan Martin Jacobsen) is a Norwegian sailor and Olympic medalist. He won a silver medal in the 6 metre class with the boat Elisabeth X at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, together with Finn Ferner (his brother), Erik Heiberg, Tor Arneberg and Carl Mortensen. He is the brother-in-law of King Harald V of Norway and Princess Ragnhild of Norway, the siblings of his wife.
Johan Ferner is the son of tailor Ferner Jacobsen (1885-1964), who owned a department store in Oslo (Ferner Jacobsen AS), and his wife, Ragnhild Olsen (1889-1966). He also owned a department store. Ferner was originally his father's given name, but was adopted as a family name by Johan Martin Ferner and some of his siblings. His grandfather was maritime pilot Johan Martin Jacobsen (1850-1907) from Tjøme, son of blacksmith Jacob Andreas Knudsen (1819-1868).
Marriages and children
Firstly, on 20 January 1953, Johan Ferner married an artist, Ingeborg "Bitte" Hesselberg-Meyer (later Rostad; 1931-1997), however they divorced 1956. He then remarried at Asker Church outside Oslo on 12 January 1961 to Princess Astrid of Norway, the second daughter of King Olav V of Norway and Princess Märtha of Sweden.
The couple has five children and five grandchildren together:
- Cathrine Ferner (b. 22 July 1962, Oslo), married 9 December 1989 in Oslo, Arild Johansen (b. 18 June 1961, Oslo), and has two children:
- Sebastian Ferner Johansen (b. 9 March 1990, Oslo).
- Madeleine Ferner Johansen (b. 7 March 1993, Oslo).
- Benedikte Ferner (b. 27 September 1963, Oslo), married firstly 30 April 1994 in Oslo (divorced 1998) Rolf Woods (b. 17 June 1963, Oslo), without issue, and married secondly on 2 December 2000 in Oslo and separated in 2002, Mons Einar Stange (b. 26 May 1962, Oslo), without issue. 
- Alexander Ferner (b. 15 March 1965, Oslo), married 27 July 1996 in Holmenkollen Kapell, near Oslo, Margrét Gudmundsdóttir (b. 27 March 1966, Reykjavík, Iceland), and has two children:
- Elisabeth Ferner (b. 30 March 1969, Oslo), married 3 October 1992 in Oslo, Tom Folke Beckmann (b. 14 January 1963, Oslo),  and has one son:
- Benjamin Ferner Beckmann (b. 25 April 1999, Oslo).
- Carl-Christian Ferner (b. 22 October 1972, Oslo), unmarried and without issue. He works for the family business, Ferner Jacobsen AS.  
- Olav V's Silver Jubilee Medal (21/09/1982).
- Olav V's Centenary Medal (02/07/2003).
- Norwegian Royal House Centenary Medal (18/11/2005).
- Commander of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav (10/02/2011).
|Ancestors of Johan Ferner|
- 1952 Summer Olympics – Helsinki, Finland – Sailing – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on May 31, 2008)
- "OHF-styret". OSF.