September 21, 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|New York Islanders
Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
|NHL Draft||50th overall, 2011
New York Islanders
|Competitor for Sweden|
|World Junior Championships|
Johan Sundström (born September 21, 1992) is a Swedish ice hockey player who is currently with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect of the New York Islanders in the National Hockey League. He has previously played professionally in his native Sweden with Frölunda HC in the Elitserien. Sundström signed a two year contract with Frölunda in September 2010. He scored his first Elitserien goal on December 4, 2010 against Andreas Andersson of HV71. Utimately, Sundström played 41 games out of the 55 regular season games. He joined Frölunda's J20 team for the J20 playoffs. His team went on to the final, where they won 6–3 against Skellefteå AIK. He was drafted by the New York Islanders in the second round, 50th overall, in for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Regular season and playoffs
|2012–13||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||59||11||21||32||30||—||—||—||—||—|
|Junior int' totals||52||19||25||44||32|
- "Johan Sundström får A-lagskontrakt". Expressen (in Swedish). 20 September 2010. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Hockeyligan game statistics for HV71 – Frölunda HC". Hockeyligan.se. 4 December 2010. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Jonson, Malin. "Ännu ett JSM-guld till Frölunda". Göteborgs-Posten (in Swedish). Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Johan Sundström's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Johan Sundström's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey centre is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|