Johann Heinrich Hübschmann.
Johann Heinrich Hübschmann (1848–1908) was a German philologist, born at Erfurt. He studied Oriental philology at Jena, Tübingen, Leipzig, and Munich; in 1876 became professor of Iranian languages at Leipzig, and in 1877 professor of comparative philology at Strassburg. He was the first to put the Armenian language in right relation to the Indo-Germanic languages. He wrote:
- Armenische Studien (1883)
- Das indogermanische Vokalsystem (1885)
- Etymologie und Lautlehre der ossetischen Sprache (1887)
- Persische Studien (1895)
- Armenische Grammatik (1895)
- Altarmenische Ortsnamen (1904)