|Born||Johanna Maria Ellinor Berglund
30 December 1974
|Died||13 February 2007
|Spouse(s)||Albin Sällström (2000-2002; divorced)|
Johanna Maria Ellinor Berglund-Sällström (30 December 1974 - 13 February 2007) was a Swedish actress, best known for her portrayal of Linda Wallander in Wallander. She worked as an actress for more than 15 years, before her death in 2007.
She became famous in Sweden in the 1990s, after portraying the teenage girl Victoria Bärnsten in the soap opera Tre kronor. Thereafter, she appeared in numerous productions, and received a Guldbagge Award for best female actress in 1998. Later that same year, unable to cope with her new-found celebrity, she took a break from filming and moved to Copenhagen, where she worked in a café.
In 2000, she returned to Sweden to continue her acting career. She did not enjoy the success of previous years until she won the role of detective constable Linda Wallander in the Swedish TV series Wallander, which brought her career and financial success again. She became internationally known for her role in the series, based on Henning Mankell's books about Kurt Wallander, the first two seasons airing in 2005 and 2006.
She married Albin Sällström in 2000; they were divorced in 2002, about a year after the birth of their daughter Talulah. In 2004, Sällström and Talulah experienced the 2004 tsunami while vacationing in Thailand.
Sällström was found dead in her home, from an overdose of sleeping pills, in Malmö shortly before midnight on 13 February 2007. She had recently been released from a psychiatric unit where she had been receiving treatment for depression. Her lifelong struggle with depression was exacerbated by her harrowing experience in Thailand. In a 2006 interview with the editor of the magazine Tove, she said, "I always thought I would be dead by the age of thirty." 
His grief and guilt over her death prevented Henning Mankell from writing the last two novels of his projected Linda Wallander trilogy. In the second Wallander series produced for Swedish TV, his daughter was said to be working elsewhere.
- "De förstod inte att hon ville dö" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 2007-06-20.
- "Jag mår så himla dåligt" (in Swedish). Expressen. 2007-02-17.
- ”Hon jobbade väldigt hårt”. Aftonbladet. 2007-02-15. http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article10878714.ab
- "Johanna Sällströms död utreds". Sydsvenskan. 23 December 2007.
- Gallagher, Paul (27 December 2009). "Henning Mankell creates a 'female Wallander' following star's suicide". The Observer (London). Retrieved 27 December 2009.
- "Johanna Sällström är död: Skådespelerskan avled i sitt hem" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 2007-02-14.
- "Hon kände aldrig riktigt att hon dög" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 2007-04-15.
- Johanna Sällström at the Internet Movie Database
- Johanna Sällström at Find a Grave
- Swedish Film Database