|Bronze||1989 Winterberg||Men's singles|
|Gold||1988 Königssee||Mixed team|
|Silver||1990 Igls||Mixed team|
|Bronze||1988 Königssee||Men's singles|
Johannes Schettel (born 4 April 1959 in Olsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia) is a West German luger who competed in the late 1980s. He won the bronze medal in the men's singles event at the 1989 FIL World Luge Championships in Winterberg, West Germany.
He also won a complete set of medals at the FIL European Luge Championships with a gold in the mixed team event (1988), a silver in the mixed team event (1990), and a bronze in the men's singles event (1988).
His best overall Luge World Cup finish was second in men's singles in 1985-6.
He retired in 1989 and is running a sporting goods store in Germany with his wife Claudia.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- Information on Schettel's sporting goods. (German)
- Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI) results on top eight finishers in men's singles luge: 1964-2002 (Italian)
- List of European luge champions (German)
- List of men's singles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
|This biographical article relating to German luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|