|Yang Berhormat Dato'
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Sungai Petani, Kedah
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Mahadzir Mohamad Khir|
|Political party||PKR–Pakatan Rakyat|
Dato' Johari Abdul is a Malaysian politician and the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Sungai Petani constituency in Kedah, Malaysia. He is a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR) in the opposition Pakatan Rakyat coalition.
Johari was elected to the Sungai Petani seat in the 2008 election, defeating Information Minister Zainuddin Maidin of the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition. He used to be a director of the National Civics Bureau. He has a Master's degree in Strategic Studies from the University of Lancaster.
|2008||Johari Abdul (PKR)||33,822||57%||Zainuddin Maidin (UMNO)||24,441||41%|
|2013||Johari Abdul (PKR)||44,194||Syamsul Anuar Che Mey (UMNO)||34,646||Suhaimi Hashim (KITA)
Ong Wei Sin (Ind)
- "Johari bin Abdul, Y.B. Dato'" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 22 May 2010.[dead link]
- "Malaysia elections: 3 ministers, outgoing Penang Chief Minister defeated so far". channelnewsasia.com. 9 March 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Sivanandam, Hemananthani (9 December 2009). "BTN course facilitators handpicked, says former director". The Sun (Malaysia).
- "Seriously speaking". The Star (Malaysia). 7 April 2008.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 22 May 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|