John A. Dawson
Dawson graduated in Geography from University College London in 1965 with an interest in urban geography. He then studied for an MPhil on central place theory and the work of the early economists, completing his formal education in 1970 with a PhD from the University of Nottingham with a thesis on the post-war changes in retailing in selected European regions.
- 1971-1974 Lecturer in Geography, University of Wales, Lampeter.
- 1974-1981 Senior Lecturer in Geography, University of Wales, Lampeter
- 1981-1983 Reader in Geography, University of Wales, Lampeter
- 1983-1990 Fraser of Allander Chair of Distributive Studies and Director of Institute for Retail Studies, University of Stirling.
- 1993-1998 Head of Department of Business Studies, University of Edinburgh
- 1993- Professor of Marketing, University of Edinburgh
|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (June 2007)|