John Anderson, 3rd Viscount Waverley
John Desmond Anderson, 3rd Viscount Waverley (born 31 October 1949) is a British peer.
Lord Waverley was first married to Anne Suzette Davidson in 1969. He then married Ursula Helen Barrow in 1994
He succeeded to his father's titles in 1990. He is one of the ninety hereditary peers in the House of Lords elected to remain after the passing of the House of Lords Act 1999, sitting as a cross-bencher.
He takes a particular interest in the central Asian republics of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan, and works as a consultant to the Middle East Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC). He has been honoured with a Yoruba Chieftaincy in Nigeria and received State decorations from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Colombia.
- "Dowager Viscountess Waverley, widow of 2nd Viscount". Peerage News.
- Burke's Landed Gentry of Scotland
- Cracroft's Peerage Database
- "The 75 elected hereditary peers". BBC News. 5 November 1999.
- "Viscount Waverley". House of Lords.
- "Lord Waverley personal website".
- "Parliament Revealed".
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a viscount in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|