John Barnes (computer scientist)
Barnes studied mathematics at Cambridge University and later worked at Imperial Chemical Industries. He was an industrial fellow at Wolfson College, Oxford in the very late 1970s or early 1980s, most likely at the suggestion of Prof. C. A. R. Hoare.
Prior to working on the Ada design team he designed and implemented the programming language RTL/2. He is the primary inventor of and protagonist for the Ada Rendezvous mechanism.
Barnes was awarded an honorary Doctorate from University of York in 2006.
- John Barnes, Ben Brosgol (January 1995). Ada 95 Rationale: The Language, the Standard Libraries. Berlin; New York: Springer. ISBN 3-540-63143-7.
- John Barnes (1998-06-10). Programming in Ada 95 (2nd ed.). Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-34293-6.
- John Barnes (1997-06-15). High Integrity Ada: The SPARK Approach. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-201-17517-7.
- John Barnes (2003-04-25). High Integrity Software: The SPARK Approach to Safety and Security. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 0-321-13616-0.
- John Barnes (2006-06-30). Programming in Ada 2005. Addison Wesley. ISBN 0-321-34078-7.
- John Barnes (2014-08-11). Programming in Ada 2012. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 110742481X.
|This article on a computer specialist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|