John Batchelor (Australian actor)
|John David Batchelor|
25 September 1969 |
|Other names||John Bachelor|
John David Batchelor (born 25 September 1969) is an Singapore-born Australian television and film actor. He is most known for portraying Chief Petty Officer Marine Technical (CPOMT) / Chief Engineer Andy 'Charge' Thorpe on the Australian drama series Sea Patrol, and Peeto in the Australian feature film Red Dog.
Besides portraying Andy 'Charge' Thorpe on Sea Patrol, Batchelor has had guest roles on All Saints, Water Rats, Stingers, and Murder Call. He appeared in the 2003 films, Inspector Gadget 2 and Danny Deckchair, and in the 2008 film The Tender Hook.
Batchelor also had a minor role as a bodyguard in the Australian comedy film Fat Pizza.
In 2012, Batchelor's first main role for the year was as policeman Tony Lewandowski in the Channel 9 telemovie, The Great Mint Swindle, the tale about the three innocent Mickelberg brothers who became embroiled in one of the most famous heists in Australia's history.
As a child, Batchelor and his family moved around frequently, as his father was a high-ranking officer in the Australian army.
Batchelor has won a range of awards, including:
- 1995 Exposure Film Festival – Accolade Comedy Actor (The Lotus Room)
- 1995 Matilda Award – Outstanding Achievement in Queensland Theatre (Millfire, Christmas at Turkey Beach)
- 1997 Matilda Award-Outstanding Achievement in Queensland Theatre (Sweet Phoebe, Oz Shorts)
- 1997 Queensland New Filmmakers Awards-Best Actor (The Oblong Box)
- The Great Mint Swindle - Tony Lewandowski (2012)
- Underbelly: Razor - Wally Tomlinson (2011)
- Sea Patrol – Andy 'Charge' Thorpe (2007–2011)
|This article about an Australian television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|