John Berkey (August 13, 1932 – April 29, 2008) was an artist known for his space- and science fiction-themed works. Some of Berkey's best-known work includes much of the original poster art for the Star Wars trilogy, the poster for the 1976 remake of King Kong and also the "Old Elvis Stamp".
On March 22, 2007, Excelsior, Minnesota honored him with "John Berkey Day."
He was Artist Guest of Honor at Minicon 35 in 2000.
Berkey died of heart failure on April 28th, 2008. Many of his original paintings are periodically on display at ArtOrg in Northfield, Minnesota.
Commercial artist Corrie Erickson was a protégé of Berkey's.
- Frank, Jane; "The Art of John Berkey", London : Paper Tiger, 2003. ISBN 1-84340-122-3
- The Frank Collection: A Showcase of the World's Finest Fantastic Art, Jane and Howard Frank. Paper Tiger, 1999
- John Berkey Art Ltd., official website of the John Berkey estate
- John Berkey at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- International Association of Astronomical Artists
- International Space Art Network
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This science fiction–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|