John Blundell (economist)
John Blundell and Vladimir Bukovsky
October 9, 1952|
John Blundell is the former Director General and Ralph Harris Fellow at the Institute of Economic Affairs. Blundell has been involved in the creation and development of numerous free-market think tanks.
He headed the Press, Research and Parliamentary Liaison Office at the Federation of Small Businesses from 1977 to 1982, and was a Lambeth London Borough Councillor from 1978 to 1982. From 1982 to 1993 he was resident in the United States, where he was President of the Institute for Humane Studies (1988–1991); President of the Atlas Economic Research Foundation (1987–1991); President of the Board of the Congressional Schools of Virginia (1988–1992); and President of the Charles G. Koch and Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundations (1991–1992).
Blundell became Director General of the Institute of Economic Affairs on 1 January 1993.
In addition he served as Co-founder and Chairman, from 1993 to 1997, of the Institute for Children, Boston, MA; Founder Director (1991–1993), Institute for Justice, Washington DC; International Trustee (1988–1993), The Fraser Institute, Vancouver, BC; and Founder Trustee of Buckeye Institute, Dayton, OH.
John Blundell is a Director of Fairbridge and of the International Policy Network and Chairman of the Institute Development and Relations Committee of the board of Atlas Economic Research Foundation. He is also a board member of the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University, Fairfax, VA; of the Institute of Economic Studies in Paris, France; and, until recently[when?], of the Mont Pelerin Society.
- Blundell, John; Todd Tennant, Jaymes Reed (2011-06-07). Female Force: Ayn Rand. Bluewater Productions, Incorporated. ISBN 9781450749244.
- Peacock, Alan; E. G. West, John Blundell, Otmar Issing, Richard Allen Epstein, Carolyn Fairbairn, David B. Smith, Geoffrey Edward Wood, James Tooley, David Graham (2003). Government Failure. Institute of Economic Affairs. ISBN 9780255365475.
- Blundell, John (2011-01-01). Ladies For Liberty: Women Who Made a Difference in American History. Algora Publishing. ISBN 9780875868660.
- Blundell, John (2008-09). Margaret Thatcher: A Portrait of the Iron Lady. Algora Publishing. ISBN 9780875866314.
- Blundell, John; Colin Robinson (2000). Regulation without the state: the debate continues. Institute of Economic Affairs. ISBN 9780255364836.
- Blundell, John (2003). Waging the war of ideas. Institute of Economic Affairs. ISBN 9780255365475.
- Institute of Economic Affairs official website.
- Arnett and Associates: Premier Speakers, Talent, and Leadership International: Speaker detail: John Blundell
- Blundell, J. (2007) Waging the War of Ideas, London: Institute of Economic Affairs.
- Blundell, J. (2007) Waging the War of Ideas, London: Institute of Economic Affairs., p. 9