John Bowers (bishop)
John Bowers was educated at Magdalen School and St John's College, Cambridge. His first post after ordination was as a Curate at Coggeshall. From 1882 to 1903 he was Domestic Chaplain to the Bishop of Gloucester and went on to be Diocesan Missioner and a Residentiary Canon at Gloucester Cathedral (1890–1902}. In January 1902 he was appointed Archdeacon of Gloucester before his elevation as Bishop of Thetford and Archdeacon of Lynn in 1903 which refers to Kings Lynn.
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Bowers, John Phillips Allcot or Allcott (BWRS873JP)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, John Phillips, 1900
- "Ecclesiastical intelligence" The Times (London). Saturday, 18 January 1902. (36668), p. 10.
- Gloucester City Deeds
- 'The Bishop Of Thetford', The Times, Thursday, Jan 7, 1926; pg. 14; Issue 44163; col B
|Church of England titles|
Arthur Thomas Lloyd
|Bishop of Thetford
1903 – 1926
Title next held byJohn Woodhouse
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|