John Butler, 15th Earl of Ormonde
John Butler, 15th Earl of Ormonde and 8th Earl of Ossory (de jure) was born before 1744 and died on 24 June 1766. He was the son of Thomas Butler of Garryricken and Lady Margaret Burke who was the daughter of William Burke, 7th Earl of Clanricarde. Upon the death of Charles Butler ( 14th Earl of Ormonde), his only surviving sister, Lady Elizabeth Butler inherited her brother's estate in 1760. Lady Elizabeth was the daughter of Thomas Butler, 6th Earl of Ossory. John Butler succeeded his cousin as Earl of Ormonde, but he did not assume the honours. He married Bridget Stacey in 1763 but had no children; she remarried Allen Walter.
- Thomas Butler, Viscount Thurles, eldest son of the 11th Earl who predeceased his father.
- James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormonde, eldest son of Viscount Thurles.
- Thomas Butler, 6th Earl of Ossory, eldest son of the 1st Duke who predeceased his father.
- Richard Butler of Kilcash, the youngest son of Viscount Thurles, brother of the 1st Duke.
- Pine, L.S. The New Extinct Peerages London 1972
- Burke's Peerage 107th Edition 2003
|Earl of Ormonde||Succeeded by
|This biography of an earl in the Peerage of Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|