John Glenn Bytheway (born October 1962) is an American author who is well known as a comic motivational speaker for youth within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
Bytheway was born in Salt Lake City, Utah. He attended the University of Utah in Salt Lake City and Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah, receiving a Master's Degree in Religious Education in 2003. He also served as a missionary for the LDS Church in the Philippines.
Bytheway is a religious studies instructor at BYU, currently focusing on the Book of Mormon. Bytheway works as an advisor in the publishing department of Deseret Book. He also serves on the Aaronic Priesthood/Young Women Writing Committee for the LDS Church. Bytheway, his wife Kimberly, and six children live in Utah. Bytheway enlisted the help of his wife Kimberly to create a guide for newlyweds to help their first year of marriage go more smoothly.
|This article lacks ISBNs for the books listed in it.|
- What I Wish I'd Known in High School
- What I Wish I'd Known in High School: The Second Semester
- Are Your Standards Fences or Guardrails?
- The Best Three Hours of the Week, Audio Talk and DVD
- Big Ideas, Little Budgets: Youth Activities and Family Activities
- Bytheway, It's John: The Second Verse
- A Crash Course in Teenage Survival
- Everything I Need to Know I Learned at Home
- First Solo: Learning to Recognize the Spirit
- Five Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything, Audio talk
- When Times Are Tough: Five Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything, Book
- Get an Attitude!: Heroic Examples from the Book of Mormon
- Golf: Lessons I Learned While Looking for My Ball
- Heroes: Lessons from the Book of Mormon
- Honoring the Priesthood: As a Deacon, a Teacher, and a Priest, Book and Audio Book
- How To Be Totally Miserable: A Self-Hinder Book
- How to Be an Extraordinary Missionary
- How to Be an Extraordinary Teenager, Book and Audio Book
- Isaiah For Airheads
- No-Brainers: Five Hard Decisions that the Gospel Makes Easy
- Out of the Mouths of Babes and Dudes
- Righteous Warriors: Lessons from the War Chapters in the Book of Mormon
- Rough Start, Great Finish!
- Standards Night Live
- Supersonic Saints: Thrilling Stories from LDS Pilots
- Supersonic Saints, Vol. 2: More Thrilling Stories from LDS Pilots
- Tour De Family: Doing Your Part to Help Your Family Succeed
- Turn Off the TV and Get A Life!
- Weed Your Brain, Grow Your Testimony
- What's In Your Backpack?, DVD
- What Are You Carrying in Your Backpack?, Audio Talk
- What I Wish I'd Known Before My Mission
- What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single
- What We Wish We'd Known When We Were Newlyweds, with Kimberly Bytheway, Book and Audio Book
- Whose Values Do You Value?
- Women Are That They Might Have Joy Too, with Emily Watts
- You're Gonna Make It!
- You're Gonna Make It Through Junior High
- 5 Things You Can Do Today To Bless Your Marriage
- Official John Bytheway website
- Bytheway, John (2003). A History of "Especially For Youth" — 1976-1986 (Master of Arts thesis). Digital Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Retrieved 3 January 2010.