John C. Sigler
John C. Sigler is a former Chairman of the Republican State Committee of Delaware and a former President of the National Rifle Association (NRA), an American gun-owners' rights organization. He succeeded Sandra Froman in 2007, and was the organization's 59th President since it was founded in 1871. He was succeeded by Ron Schmeits in 2009, after his second term.
Sigler was born in 1945, joined the NRA in 1970, and became a life member in 1977. In 1996 he was elected to the NRA board of directors, and since 1997 he has served on the NRA Executive Committee. In 2005 Sigler was elected as the NRA First Vice President, and was named the President at the April 2007 Annual Meetings in St. Louis.
Sigler served in the US Navy from 1967 to 1971 on the USS George Bancroft (SSBN-643) and USS Hardhead (SS-365). He served on the Dover, Delaware Police Department from 1972 to 1991 where he retired as the department's captain. He now works as a lawyer in Maryland and Delaware. Sigler's education includes a degree in criminal justice administration from Wilmington University, a master of arts in business from Central Michigan University, and a Juris Doctor with honors from Widener University School of Law.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
- Randall Chase, "Del. at center of gun debate; Sigler, Bradys key players in national discussion," July 2007, retrieved from http://www.newszap.com/articles/2007/05/05/dm/sussex_county/dsn04.txt
- NRA Winning Team, "John C.Sigler," retrieved from http://www.nrawinningteam.com/bios99/sigler.html
- NRA News, "New NRA President Sworn in at 136th Annual Meeting John C. Sigler – Corporate attorney, Navy veteran and retired Police Captain," 27 April 2007, retrieved from http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/Releases.aspx?ID=9339
- NRA News, "Executive Profiles: John Sigler," 19 April 2005, retrieved from http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=5643
- Retrieved from http://pview.findlaw.com/view/1132475_1