John C. Wright (comptroller)
|John C Wright|
John C. Wright
Greene, New York
|Died||January 24, 1862 (aged 60)
Schenectady, New York
|Occupation||American politician and lawyer|
He was the son of Calvin Wright (1770–1843) and Sarah (Treadway) Wright (1765–1839). He graduated from Union College in 1820. He practiced law in Esperance, New York. On December 5, 1833, he married Louisa Marsh (1812–1843). He was First Judge of the Schoharie County Court from 1838 to 1843.
He was a member of the New York State Senate from 1843 to 1846, sitting in the 66th, 67th, 68th and 69th New York State Legislatures. In February 1844, he married Caroline Frost (1806–1846). After his tenure in the Senate he removed to Schenectady. On June 7, 1847, he married Sarah Brown (Worcester) Bouck (1819–1859).
He was buried at the Cemetery in Esperance.
- Google Book The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough (pages 34, 147 and 364; Weed, Parsons and Co., 1858)
- History of Schoharie County (pg. 322f)
- Wright genealogy at RootsWeb
- History of Schoharie County by William E. Roscoe (Syracuse NY, 1882; reprinted 2007; Vol. 2, pg. 370)
- The Worcester Family by Jonathan Fox Worcester (1856; pg. 51)
|New York State Senate|
Alonzo C. Paige
|New York State Senate
Third District (Class 4)
Philo C. Fuller
|New York State Comptroller
James M. Cook