John Cabot University
|John Cabot University|
|Colors||Blue and White|
John Cabot University is a private, accredited American liberal arts university located in Rome, Italy. Founded in 1972, the University was named after the Italian explorer Giovanni Caboto and offers undergraduate degrees and study abroad opportunities to about 1000 students from over 60 different countries.
The mission of the University is to provide an educational experience firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation.
John Cabot University is located in Trastevere, Rome and is composed of two campuses: the Guarini Campus on Via della Lungara, and the Tiber Campus on Lungotevere Raffaello Sanzio. These two campuses are within a five minute walk of one another, and each are protected by campus security.
Campus facilities include computer labs, Wi-Fi, spacious terraces & courtyards, and art studios. The Frohring Library has online resources and is one of the largest English language libraries in Italy. The Tiber Campus is equipped with a cafeteria, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the school week.
John Cabot University offers 13 Bachelor of Arts degrees with majors in Art History, Business Administration, Economics and Finance, English, Humanistic Studies, International Affairs, Italian Studies, Classical Studies, Communications, Marketing, History, International Business, and Political Science. There is also a two-year program leading to the Associate of Arts degree.
Classes are taught in English and the average class size is 15 students. Each semester the Career Services Center offers internship opportunities as well as job referrals and graduate school assistance
As part of the University's commitment to provide affordable university education to qualified students, John Cabot offers degree-seeking students (first-year and transfer students) merit-based scholarships and financial assistance grants.
The student body of about 1000 is made up of degree seeking students from over 60 countries and visiting students from more than 130 U.S. universities.
Accreditation and Licensing
John Cabot University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The University is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in the State of Delaware and is licensed to award its degrees by the Delaware Department of Education. It is authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education to operate as a four-year American liberal arts college in Italy.
In addition to its degree programs, the University also offers study abroad opportunities for a semester, an academic year, or a summer session. Students normally take between 12-16 credits (4-5 classes). Credits earned at John Cabot may transfer to home schools, allowing students to stay on track for graduation.
The Meal Plan is available to all enrolled students and can be used only at the Tiber Cafe in the Tiber Student Center. Participating students are issued electronic funds in the form of meal plan points on their student account.
Meal Plan Points are quick and easy to use. Once a meal plan is purchased, the corresponding points are automatically credited to the participant's JCU ID and can be used to purchase any item sold in the Tiber Cafe and Bar.
Only the participating student can use his or her Meal Plan Points. Credits are not transferable and they cannot be resold. All unused credits are neither refundable nor redeemable for a cash-money refund but are transferable toward the next semester. Students should print a copy of these terms and conditions for personal reference.
- "Franco Pavoncello". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Campuses and Opening Hours". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "The Frohring Library". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Dining Services". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Housing and Residential Life". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Academics". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Degree Programs". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Center for Career Services". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Financial Aid and Scholarships". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Faculty". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Enrollment Profile". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Student Life". John Cabot University, 4 September 2013.
- "Study Abroad". John Cabot University. 4 September 2013.
- John Cabot University
- John Cabot University Bachelor of Arts degree programs
- John Cabot University Study Abroad programs