John Christie (ski entrepreneur)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
John Christie of Washington, Maine, is a current member of the Maine Ski Hall of Fame, and board member of the Ski Museum of Maine. He has been General Manager of Mount Snow in Vermont, and Sugarloaf in Maine. He also is a former owner of Saddleback in Maine.
Christie recounted part of his ski career in his book The Story of Sugarloaf, which is mainly an historical account of the incorporation and growth of the Sugarloaf ski resort, but also serves as a partial autobiography.
- "Maine Ski Hall of Fame Class of 2006" http://www.skimuseumofmaine.org/hall-of-fame/class-of-2006
- "Ski Museum of Maine: About the Museum" http://www.skimuseumofmaine.org/about-the-museum
- "Maine Outdoor Journal | Ski Tracks: John Christie Day held at Saddleback" http://maineoutdoorjournal.mainetoday.com/blogentry.html?id=11083
- Christie, John. The Story of Sugarloaf. Camden, Maine: Down East Books, 2007.
- The Story of Sugarloaf by John Christie, published by Down East Books