John Crawford (actor)
John Crawford as the Mayor in The Enforcer
|Born||Cleve Allen Richardson
September 13, 1920
Colfax, Washington, U.S.
|Died||September 21, 2010
Newbury Park, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lorraine Crawford (1945-1953) (divorced) 2 children
Anne Wakefield (1956-1966) (divorced) 1 child
Nancy D. Jeris (1968-1974) (divorced)
Beverly Long (1976-?) (divorced)
Crawford was born Cleve Allen Richardson in Colfax, Washington. In films from the 1940s, Crawford appeared in bit parts for many years before playing leads in several films in the UK in the late 1950s and early 1960s. When he returned to the US, he played supporting roles in several films but was more prolific on TV in character roles, in scores of series such as State Trooper (in the episode "The Last Stage Robbery"), The Twilight Zone, The Fugitive, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Incredible Hulk, The Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, Hogan's Heroes, The Rockford Files and most notably as Sheriff Ep Bridges on CBS's The Waltons.
Private life and death
Crawford died, at the age of ninety, from a stroke.
- Northwest Territory (1951)
- The Big Heat (1953)
- The Key (1958)
- Intent to Kill (1958)
- Blind Spot (1958)
- Solomon and Sheba (1959)
- Hell Is a City (1960)
- Exodus (1960)
- Piccadilly Third Stop (1960)
- The Long Shadow (1961)
- The 300 Spartans (1962)
- Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
- Duel at Diablo (1966)
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
- J. W. Coop (1972)
- The Towering Inferno (1974)
- Night Moves (1975)
- The Enforcer (1976)
- "The New York Times". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Harrison, Alexa (2010-10-26). "Thesp John Crawford dies". Daily Variety. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- John Crawford at the Internet Movie Database
- John Crawford at Memory Alpha (a Star Trek wiki)
- John Crawford at the University of Wisconsin's Actors Studio audio collection
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|