John Cunningham (physician)
Cunningham was Head of the Medical Household to Queen Elizabeth II from 2005-2014, and also occupied the position of Physician to the Queen. On stepping down, he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II as a KCVO.
He is currently Professor of Nephrology at UCL Medical School, London; Consultant Nephrologist at the Royal Free Hospital, London, and The London Clinic; and Physician, King Edward VII Hospital, London.
Professor Cunningham has published in excess of 100 peer reviewed articles as well as numerous invited reviews and book chapters.
He has been a Special Trustee to The London Hospital and to The Barts and London Charitable Foundation and was an ex officio member of the board of Barts and The London NHS Trust. He is currently a trustee of The St Peter's Trust and also of The Astor Foundation. In 2014 he was made an Honorary Fellow of Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
In 2009, Cunningham was appointed to the Cytochroma (now Opko Health) Scientific Advisory Board. He is/has been an advisor to various other pharma companies including Amgen Inc, Shire, Frezenius Medical Care, Leo Pharma, Astra Zeneca and Pfizer.
- Achieving therapeutic targets in the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism.
- New Vitamin D analogs and changing therapeutic paradigms.
- Publications 
- "Honours and Awards". The Gazette. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- Prof John Cunningham, CVO
- "Cytochroma Appoints Dr. John Cunningham to its Scientific Advisory Board" (Press release). Red Orbit. October 15, 2009. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Professor John Cunningham[dead link]
- Achieving therapeutic targets in the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism
- New Vitamin D analogs and changing therapeutic paradigms