|Succeeded by||M.L. Dierks|
July 6, 1941|
Born in Neligh, Nebraska, DeCamp joined the United States Army during the Vietnam War. In 1975 he initiated Operation Baby Lift, which evacuated 2,800 orphaned Vietnamese children. He was later assigned to serve as an aide to former CIA director William Colby, who was Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam at the time. Beginning his campaign for election while still stationed in Vietnam, DeCamp was elected and served four terms as a Nebraska state senator, from 1971 to 1987.
After the legislature
In the May 2006 election, he was rebuffed in his attempt to return to the Legislature.
In 2012, he talked with the Ellis County Observer about how he linked Sandusky and Penn State child sex abuse scandal years prior. In 2004, the links were previously disclosed in the transcripts from an interview on The Alex Jones Show.
- The Franklin Cover-up: Child Abuse, Satanism, and Murder in Nebraska. 2nd ed. Lincoln: 2006, available on Amazon.
- "American Experience: Daughter From Danang: People & Events: Operation Babylift (1975)". PBS.
- "Groups see themselves as Constitution protectors". Luddington Daily News. 26 May 1995. p. 1.
- "'The Franklin Cover-Up' author talks about how he linked Sandusky and Penn State abuse scandal years ago". The Ellis County Observer. July 15, 2012.
- "Alex Jones Interviews John DeCamp, Author of "The Franklin Cover-up."". The Alex Jones Show. July 21, 2004.