|50th Mayor of Missoula|
January 3, 2006
|Preceded by||Mike Kadas|
|Alma mater||University of Montana|
|Profession||journalist, business owner|
John Engen has been mayor of Missoula, Montana, USA since 2006. Missoula’s 50th mayor, Engen was born in Missoula in 1964, attended Willard Elementary School, Hellgate High School and The University of Montana, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism.
Before serving as mayor, Engen served a term as a city council member, was an award-winning writer and editor for the city’s daily newspaper, owned and operated his own small business and volunteered for a variety of Missoula’s non-profit organizations, concentrating on human services. As an amateur auctioneer and emcee, Engen’s helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to help friends and neighbors in the community.
His wife Tracy owns and operate a travel agency in Missoula. The Engens live in the Rattlesnake Valley along with their rescued Labradoodle, Odie, and a cat called Moose. The family's rescued greyhound, Patches, died in February 2011.
- Engen for Mayor | About
- Facebook: Missoula Mayor John Engen
- Hank Interviews His Mayor
- Missoulian: Missoula Mayor John Engen makes national news with Obama endorsement
Posted on March 29
- Montana: A June Battleground? - The Fix
- Missoula Mayor Official Government Website
- Engen for Mayor Campaign Website
- Fans of Missoula Mayor John Engen Campaign Fansite
- Incoming!! three-part series with Missoula mayor-elect John Engen Bill Schwanke, The Missoulian, 2005
|This article about a mayor in Montana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|