John Ennis (born 1944) is an Irish poet born in Westmeath in 1944.
He is head of School of Humanities at Waterford Institute of Technology, and lives in Waterford. He won the Listowel Open Poetry Competition eleven times, he won the Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Award in 1975, and the Irish American Cultural Institute Award in 1996.
- Night on Hibernia (Oldcastle, Co Meath The Gallery Press, 1976)
- Dolmen Hill (The Gallery Press, 1977) *A Drink of Spring (The Gallery Press, 1979)
- The Burren Days (The Gallery Press, 1985)
- Arboretum (Dublin, The Dedalus Press, 1990)
- In a Greener Shade (The Dedalus Press, 1991)
- Down in the Deeper Helicon (Dedalus Press, 1994)
- Telling the Bees (Dedalus Press, 1995)
- Selected Poems (Dedalus Press, 1996)
- Tráithníní (Dedalus Press, 2000)
- Near St Mullins (Dedalus, 2002).
Notes and references