John F. Kennedy High School (Guam)
John F. Kennedy High School (JFKHS), formerly Tumon Senior-Junior High School, is a public secondary school located in the Tumon area of Tamuning in the United States territory of Guam. It is a part of the Guam Public School System.
In June 2008 some of Kennedy's buildings were declared unsafe, so for the school year 2008-2009, Kennedy students shared space with George Washington High School in double sessions. For the 2009-2010 school year, JFK moved into a facility in the Tiyan area of Barrigada. While other public high schools welcomed their students back on Tuesday, August 11, students at the John F. Kennedy high school interim at Tiyan were met with bad news after hearing that their school was delayed further after having large amounts of the chemical Chlordane in the soil and in the air. The students were able to finally arrive to school on August 24 after declaring the Chlordane levels in the air safe.
- "Progress Report Smaller Learning Communities Planning Grant." Guam Public School System. June 30, 2005.
- "History." George Washington High School on Guam. Retrieved on September 1, 2009.
- "History." John F. Kennedy High School. Retrieved on September 1, 2009.
- "John F. Kennedy High remains in limbo." Pacific Daily News. June 23, 2009.
- Tamondong, Dionesis. "Pesticide found at JFK site: Concerns could delay classes at Tiyan facility." Pacific Daily News. August 8, 2009. Accessed September 1, 2009.
- Staff. "BREAKING NEWS: Final chlordane test in soil done, interim JFK could open Monday." Pacific Daily News. August 21, 2009. Accessed September 1, 2009.
- "Guam's Public High Schools." Guam Public School System. Accessed September 8, 2008.