John F Kennedy Catholic School
|Motto||Pacem in terris
("peace on Earth")
|Type||voluntary aided comprehensive|
|Headteacher||Mr Paul Neves|
|DfE URN||117557 Tables|
John F Kennedy Catholic School is a voluntary aided Roman Catholic comprehensive secondary school located in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England. It opened in 1967 and now has a student population of approximately 1100, aged 11 to 18. The headteacher is currently Paul Neves. The school's motto, as used on its logo (see image) and uniform is Pacem in terris (peace on Earth).
The school is also part of a local partnership of secondary schools, offering a variety of subject choices for post-16 students.
 Achievements and recognition
The school gained Technology College status in 1998, has received Ofsted inspection reports describing it as "outstanding", and appeared on Ofsted's "honours list". It has also received the following special recognitions:
The secondary school currently has a student population over 170 in 6th form, which is its largest 6th form on record. The school is acknowledged for its high standards and is, again currently one of the best schools in Hertfordshire.
 Future of the school
- A new teaching block, taking up part of the area where the school's current tennis courts used to be
- 4 new tennis courts on currently unused field area
- A new sports hall in the 'spinney' (a wooded area on the school site)
- A new playground in front of the school's largest teaching block, the 'B Block'
- A new car park to help deal with local parking issues, which will take up the remainder of the current tennis court area
The school has minimised the impact on the local environment by avoiding significant loss of trees. The project also involved the planting of new trees, and using trees which are required to be cut down as wood-chip paths and for the construction of the gazebo-type structure in the 'spinney'.
- John F Kennedy Catholic School, Office for Standards in Education.
- "John F Kennedy Roman Catholic School Inspection Report". Ofsted. March 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-09.[dead link]
- "List of all Technology Colleges". Department for Education and Skills. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- "'Best of the best' schools listed". BBC News. 2005-01-07. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- "About the School". John F Kennedy School. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- "Inspection Report John F Kennedy School". Ofsted. May 2000. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- "Run proves fun for JFK as fundraising starts". Hemel Today. 2007-03-20. Retrieved 2007-04-09.[dead link]
- Transforming JFK into a school for the 21st Century, John F Kennedy School. Retrieved on 2007-06-11
- Spinney Management Plan, John F Kennedy School. Retrieved on 2007-06-11
 See also
- Church school
- Department for Education and Skills
- Education in England
- List of schools in England
- Specialist school, the overarching scheme that the Technology College designation belongs to.