John Fasano has directed 6 films, produced 20 and written the screenplays for 18 others. With novelist Roni Keller, he also wrote the book Evie and the Golem, published in 2011. A weapons expert, Fasano is a frequent writing contributor to such authoritative magazines as Combat Tactics, and American Handgunner. A writer and producer at Shelf Life Unlimited Films, he is currently developing a contemporary remake of Chariots of the Gods. In addition to his writing and film-making credentials, Fasano is also a prolific Halloween mask designer.
After graduating SUNYCollege at Purchase in 1984, Fasano used his artistic talents art directing for magazines such as Muscle and Beauty, Race Car & Driver, Wrestling Power and OUI. He also found work painting the one sheet posters for Grindhouse films such as Tenement (Slaughter in the South Bronx) for legendary exploitation film producers Roberta Findlay and Walter Sear. Fasano rewrote and acted in their film Blood Sisters. His work impressed All in the Sex Family producer Jack Bravman who contracted Fasano to write and Assistant-Direct the infamous Zombie Nightmare, starring Adam West and a young Tia Carerre. After that, Fasano directed solo on the cult classic rock-horror features, Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, Black Roses and The Jitters. After "The Jitters", Fasano moved in 1989 to Los Angeles, where he sold his first "spec script", Tailgunner, to Morgan Creek. He then co-wrote the screenplay for Another 48 Hours for director Walter Hill, which generated a series of script-writing offers from major studios. His first produced film, on which he was the assistant director and appeared as character "William Washington", was Zombie Nightmare.
•Vatsnal, Caelum (2004), They Came from Within: A History of Canadian Horror, Arbeiter Ring.
•Masters, Kim; Griffin, Nancy (1997), Hit and Run, Simon & Schuster
•Grey, Ian (1997), Sex, Stupidity and Greed: Inside the American Movie Industry
•York, Michael (2001), Dispatches from Armageddon: Making the Movie Megiddo...a Devilish Diary!, Smith & Kraus Pub Inc.
•Blinn, Stephen (2001), MEGIDDO THE OMEGA CODE 2 The Making Of An Epic: With Screenplay, Trinity Christian Center
- "Director for Feature Films and Television, John M. Fasano: Screenwriter, Director, Producer Home". Johnmfasano.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "John Fasano Biography ((?)-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- by (2011-07-19). "BARNES & NOBLE | Evie and the Golem by Roni Keller, Undie Press | Paperback". Barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "John Fasano". Tactical-Life.com. 2010-05-12. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "2009 Articles". American Handgunner. 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "The Day The Earth Stood Still | American Handgunner". Find Articles. 2000-01-01. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Writing, Shelf Life Unlimited Films, Llc About Us". Shelflifefilms.net. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- Chariots of the Gods by (2013) - [Synopsis, Trailer, Photos, Poster, Reviews, Premiere, Latest News, Summary, Gallery, Images, Footage, Pictures, Pics, Plot, Argument, Buy, DV...
- "Paradox Entertainment". Paradox Entertainment. 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Fasano, John". Movieshive.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "John Fasano [Writer / Producer / Director]". constructinghorror.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Tenement (Game of Survival) (Slaughter in the South Bronx)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Tenement (1985) - Horror Movies and Science Fiction Movies Database - Brimstone Pit - horrormovies.org - brimstone.org - 3111". horrormovies.org. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Zombie Nightmare". Dvddrive-in.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "The-Jitters - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Canuxploitation Review: Zombie Nightmare". Canuxploitation.com. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- Vatsnal, Caelum (2004) They Came from Within: A History of Canadian Horror, Arbeiter Ring, ISBN 978-1-894037-21-1
- Masters, Kim; Griffin, Nancy (1997), Hit and Run, Simon & Schuster, ISBN 978-0-684-83266-1
- Grey, Ian (1997) Sex, Stupidity and Greed: Inside the American Movie Industry, ISBN 978-0-9651042-7-2
- York, Michael (2001) Dispatches from Armageddon: Making the Movie Megiddo...a Devilish Diary!, Smith & Kraus Pub Inc., ISBN 978-1-57525-311-4
- Blinn, Stephen (2001) MEGIDDO THE OMEGA CODE 2 The Making Of An Epic: With Screenplay, Trinity Christian Center, ASIN: B000MOHHG4