|Member of the Scottish Parliament
for Member of the Scottish Parliament
for Highlands and Islands
(1 of 7 Regional MSPs)
6 May 2011
|Born||31 December 1965|
|Political party||Scottish Green Party
Scottish National Party (until 2012)
|Website||John Finnie MSP|
Finnie was a member of Highland Council from 2007 to 2012, representing the Inverness Ness-side ward. He was elected to the Scottish Parliament in the 2011 election. Finnie resigned from the SNP on 23 October 2012 over the party's decision to support NATO membership for an independent Scotland, attending Holyrood as an independent member. In October 2014 he joined the Scottish Green Party although stated that he would continue as an independent MSP until the end of this session of parliament.
- Munro, Alistair (2 November 2010). "Reopen case of Willie McRae, Scotland's David Kelly, after 25 years, Lord Advocate is urged". The Scotsman (Johnston Press).
- "John Finnie". Current Members. Scottish Parliament. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Election results 2007". Local Government elections. Highland Council. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "MSPs John Finnie and Jean Urquhart quit SNP over Nato policy". BBC News (BBC). 23 October 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Former SNP MSP John Finnie defects to Greens". BBC News. BBC. 11 October 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Why I’ve joined the Scottish Greens". Blog. John Finnie MSP. 11 October 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
|This article about a member of the Scottish Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|