John Frank Ford (born 14 January 1952) is the current Bishop of Plymouth, a suffragan see in the Diocese of Exeter.
Ford was educated at the Southampton College of Technology and Chichester Theological College. He was ordained in 1980 and began his career with a curacy at Christ Church, Forest Hill after which he was Vicar of St Augustine's Lee and then domestic chaplain to the Bishop of Horsham. He became diocesan missioner for the Diocese of Chichester and then a residentiary canon at Chichester Cathedral before his ordination to the episcopate. He also holds the post of an assistant bishop in the Diocese of Truro. A keen cricket fan, he is married with three children.
Ford was announced as the diocesan bishop of the Diocese of The Murray in South Australia on 30 June 2013. His installation is scheduled for 6 December 2013.
- John Ford Esq (1952–1980)
- The Revd John Ford (1980–1997)
- The Revd Canon John Ford (1997–2005)
- The Rt Revd John Ford (2005–present)
- ^ BBC — Plymouth gets a new bishop
- ^ a b c Official notification of appointment
- ^ Exeter Diocese News — December 2005
- ^ Anglican Communion website
- ^ Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- ^ Crockford's Clerical Directory; 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- ^ Church history
- ^ "Who's who; Bishop's staff". Diocese of Truro. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- ^ Debrett's People of Today. London: Debrett's, 2008 ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- ^ "New Bishop for Diocese of The Murray", Diocese of The Murray website.