John Franklyn Mars
|Born||John Franklyn Mars
October 15, 1935 (age 79)
|Education||Yale University (BA/BS)|
|Occupation||Chairman of Mars, Inc.|
|Net worth|| US$17 billion (est.)
(Forbes, March 2013)
|Spouse(s)||Adrienne Bevis (m. 1958)|
|Children||Linda Anne Mars
Frank Edward Mars
Michael John Mars
|Parents||Forrest Mars, Sr. (1904–1999)
Audrey Mars (1910–1989)
|Relatives||Frank C. Mars (grandfather)
Forrest Mars, Jr. (brother)
Jacqueline Mars (sister)
John Franklyn Mars (born October 15, 1935) is an American businessman.
He is the son of Forrest Mars, Sr., and grandson of Frank C. Mars, founders of the American candy company Mars, Incorporated. As a member of the Mars family, his share of the company and other assets were worth US$10 billion in September 2010, making him the 52nd richest person in the world and the 26th richest person in America, according to Forbes. As of October 2012, Mars is listed as the 30th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of 20.1 billion.
He married Adrienne Bevis in June 1958. They have three children: Linda Anne Mars born May 23, 1960 (age 54), Frank Edward Mars born March 13, 1963 (age 51), and Michael John Mars born November 22, 1967 (age 47).
He formerly lived in Arlington County, Virginia but now resides in Jackson, Wyoming. In the 2010 and 2011 Forbes ranking of personal wealth, Mars is the highest ranked person whose photograph was unavailable to the magazine.
- "The World's Billionaires (2010): #52 John Mars". Forbes. March 3, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- "Descendants of William Langley Bevis". Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- Gleick, Elizabeth (February 21, 1994). "Crisis in Candy Land". People Vol. 41 No. 7.
- "Forbes 400 Richest Americans (2010): #26 John Mars". Forbes. September 16, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- "Bloomberg Billionares Index". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Director Emerita: Adrienne Mars". World Wildlife Fund. Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- Forbes http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/#p_3_s_arank_All%20industries_All%20states_All%20categories_
|url=missing title (help).
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|