John Frieda (born Alan Howard Frieda, 9 July 1951) is a British celebrity hairstylist and founder of hair salon and hair product businesses. The hair product business was acquired in 2002 by Kao Corporation, Japan. The hair products he created are widely available in the United States and many other countries.
In 1988 at the age of 37, Frieda moved to the United States (New York) for 12 years and collaborated with Gail Federici to create different hair products for blondes and brunettes and the Frizz Ease products.
John was married to the Scottish singer Lulu, with whom he had a son, the actor Jordan Frieda (1977). He now lives with Frances Avery Agnelli née Howe (1965), an Anglo-American architect and the widow of Fiat heir, Giovanni Alberto Agnelli (son of the Italian entrepreneur and politician, Umberto Agnelli). Frances has a daughter from her marriage to Giovanni, Virginia Asia Agnelli. John and Frances together have a daughter, Leyla Luna (2005), and a son, Jackson John (2007). In 2010, John donated £50,000 to the Conservative Party.
- John Frieda Professional Hair Care, Inc. bized.co.uk, May 30, 2008
- John Frieda Collection
- "John Frieda: When I was five I was in hospital for a year. The pain was extreme | Life & Style". Thisislondon.co.uk. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- Rachelle Thackray (1999-11-24). "Me And My Partner: John Frieda and Gail Federici - Business - News". The Independent. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Official website (UK)
- Global Landing for all John Frieda websites
- Official Salon website
- John Frieda's channel on YouTube
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|