|Also known as||Kones
John Bartholomew Shredman
|Years active||2005 - Present|
|Labels||Epic, Sony BMG, Columbia Records, SPV/Steamhammer|
|Associated acts||Tenacious D
The Kyle Gass Band
John Konesky is an American guitarist who is known primarily for his association with Tenacious D and has performed on their The Pick Of Destiny and Rize Of The Fenix albums. He has toured North America, Europe, Australia and Asia with Tenacious D since 2006. He also plays electric guitar in Kyle Gass's side project "The Kyle Gass Band" and has also performed in "Trainwreck". He has also provided guitar on many soundtracks and scores. He currently stars in a web show entitled "Guitarings" produced by Fret12.com.
Konesky met Tenacious D member Kyle Gass in Ohio through Kyle's girlfriend, whom Kyle would visit Ohio to see. Konesky performed in a band with friend John Spiker called the Spiker-Konesky Band. Gass wanted to create a side-band after Jack Black's popularity in the film industry made him no-longer have as much time for Tenacious D, the band he fronts alongside Gass. Gass was about to start a band and was looking for guitarists, and he discovered Konesky and Spiker, and Trainwreck was born not too long after. Konesky moved to Los Angeles, where Trainwreck would then frequently play club shows. Konesky also played in Gass's "Piper Green" and "Wank" too.
In 2005, Konesky was made the lead electric guitarist for Tenacious D and co-wrote the song "The Metal" which would go on to be featured on Guitar Hero III and he also helped write the guitar solo for "Car Chase City". In 2006, Konesky featured on Tenacious D's Pick Of Destiny tour, supporting the film and album. Konesky dressed up as the 'Anti-Christ' - after a skit in the show caused Tenacious D to go to hell and meet Satan. Konesky's first gig with Tenacious D was at the House Of Blues in Las Vegas on the 11th of November. In 2007, Konesky started the band "Sea of Air". He can be seen on Tenacious D's 2008 concert video and documentary The Complete Master Works 2. In 2011, Trainwreck split, which led for Konesky to join The Kyle Gass Band.
- B.C. Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic (Koa)
- B.C. Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic (Spalted Maple)
- B.C. Rich Mockingbird (Handbuilt)
- 1977 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent.
- 1995 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
- B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ.
- Froggy Bottom H12C
- Seagull Coastline Parlour
- Seagull Maritime SWS Mini-Jumbo
- Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Ten Top.
- Late 1970s Alvarez Yairi DY-75.
- Fender Cabronita Telecaster
- Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Ace 2x12
- Mesa/Boogie Dual Caliber DC-5.
- 1973 Marshall Super Lead 100.
- Fender Twin 1965 Backface Reissue.
- Marshall 1960a with reissue greenbacks.
- RMC Wizard Wah
- MXR Phase 90.
- Boss TU-2 Tuner.
- Analog Man King of Tone V4 dual overdrive pedal.
- Boss CS-3 Compressor/Sustainer.
- Maxon AD-999 Delay
- 30' Coiled Bullet Cable
- The Pick of Destiny, Tenacious D (2006) - Guitar [Electric]
- "Car Chase City", Tenacious D (2006) - Composer
- "The Metal", Tenacious D (2006) - Composer
- Guitar Hero III, Tenacious D (2007) - Composer
- The Wreckoning, Trainwreck (2009) - Guitar, Composer
- Rize of the Fenix, Tenacious D (2012) - Guitar
|2004||Jimmy Kimmel Live!||Trainwreck||"TV Theme"|
|2006||Saturday Night Live||Tenacious D||"Kickapoo" and "The Metal"|
|American Music Awards of 2006||"POD"|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||"Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)"|
|Friday Night with Jonathan Ross||"POD"|
|Spike Video Game Awards||"The Metal"|
|2008||BBC||Tenacious D||Reading and Leeds Festivals|
|2006||Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny||Guitar, Song Writer||Various Songs|
|2008||The Complete Masterworks Part 2||Tenacious D||Live Concert & Documentary|
|2005||Current TV Halloween special||Trainwreck||Host|
- "POD", Tenacious D (2006)
- "Tim Blankenship", Trainwreck (2008)
- "Brodeo", Trainwreck (2010)
- "To Be the Best", Tenacious D (2012)
- "Rize of the Fenix", Tenacious D (2012)
- "Roadie", Tenacious D (2012)
- "Rock is Dead", Tenacious D (2012)
- "Destiny lands Ohioans jobs with". The Columbus Dispatch. 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2007-03-11.
- Tenacious D Official Site
- Trainwreck Official Site
- Trainwreck on Myspace
- An interview with John Spiker and John Konesky (under the pseudonyms of Boy Johnny and John Bartholomew Shredman respectively)
|This article on a United States rock guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|