John Konrad is the author, along with journalist Tom Shroder, of Fire on the Horizon: The Untold Story of the Gulf Oil Disaster, which chronicles the initial construction, crewmembers' existence, and eventual disaster aboard the oil rig Deepwater Horizon. For the book, Konrad used his insight as an oil rig captain and his seven years of experience as an employee of Transocean, one of the world's largest offshore drilling contractors and owner of the Deepwater Horizon.
In an interview with Failure Magazine, Konrad said:
I wrote the book because I wanted to find out what happened. The guys on the rig, the guys in Transocean’s offices, the government officials—no one had the full story. I wanted to get all the stories and piece them together.
- Konrad, John (2011). Fire on the Horizon: The Untold Story of the Gulf Oil Disaster. Harper. p. 288. ISBN 0062063006.
- Hansen, Liane. "'Fire On The Horizon': The Rig Behind The Gulf Spill". NPR.
- Krist, Gary. "John Konrad and Tom Shroder’s "Fire on the Horizon," on BP oil spill". Washington Post.
- Zasky, Jason. "Fire on the Horizon". Failure Magazine.
- "The World Leader in Maritime and Offshore News".
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|