- This article is about the actor John LaZar. For the mayor of Adelaide, Australia please see: John Lazar.
May 22, 1946 |
John LaZar (born May 22, 1946) is an American actor of both stage and screen, best remembered for his lead role as Ronnie 'Z-man' Barzell in the 1970s Russ Meyer film Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970), co-written by Meyer and Roger Ebert.
LaZar grew up in San Francisco, California and is of Mediterranean and Native American heritage. He trained at the American Conservatory Theatre and has studied acting with Uta Hagen. A veteran of many Shakespearean stage productions, Lazar is also a martial arts expert and fencer.
- Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970) (director Russ Meyer)
- Supervixens (1975) (director Russ Meyer)
- Every Girl Should Have One (1978)
- Greatest Heroes of the Bible (TV series) (1978)
- Up 'n' Coming (1983) (X-rated film starring Marilyn Chambers)
- Scorpion (1986)
- Deathstalker II (1987) (producer Roger Corman)
- Eddie Presley (1992) (director Jeff Burr)
- Attack of the 60 Foot Centerfolds (1995) (director Fred Olen Ray)
- Stripteaser (1995)
- Night of the Scarecrow (1995) (director Jeff Burr)
- Over the Wire (1996)
- Click (TV series) (1997)
- Maximum Revenge (1997)
- Vic (2006) short film (director Sage Stallone)
- Alice Jacobs is Dead (2009) short film
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|